What makes the Makita EM2650LH string trimmer different from the rest of the Makita tools? The Makita EM2650LH stands alone in its lineup of string trimmers as the only four-stroke straight gas engine. There is no mixing two-cycle oil to gas ratio, so this eliminates the chances of the engine freezing up.
Makita is a specialty in brushless equipment but has this bad boy to shine above the rest. Its power and precision make it ready to tackle any job placed in front of it. This string trimmer has a brushed motor which puts it in a different category in the Makita lineup.
The buttons and links in this article may be affiliate links. This means we earn a small commission if you buy through these links. The price you pay isn't affected in anyway. Buying through these links is the best way to support this website and allow us to continue reviewing products. Thank you for your support!
The features of the Makita EM2650LH bring to light the reasons this string trimmer is favored among the many different brands. Listed below is what this string trimmer has to offer the consumer.
- The trimmer head has a rapid loading, high capacity, bump-and-feed release for the string.
- It has a dual-stage air filter labeled as heavy-duty with extensive sealing areas. It is toolless and easily accessible, and replaceable.
- The shaft is made of durable steel, which cuts down on the vibration.
- The Makita EM2650LH meets or exceeds the CARB exhaust and EPA requirements when it comes to the evaporative emissions regulations.
- This string trimmer has a multi-position lubrication system which allows the trimmer to operate at any given angle.
- It has an oil fill port with a drain plug, easily accessible with a window to view the oil level.
- The handle is easily adjusted to fit the operator's comfort zone for operation.
- See-through gas tank with a large opening, making it easy to refuel.
This information gives better details on how this trimmer compares with the others on the market. I love what is offered in the specs, and many people who use this trimmer feel it is sufficient for their needs. Check it out.
- It runs on straight, unleaded gasoline.
- The fuel tank holds up to 20.3oz.
- It has a straight steel shaft for longer tool life and less vibration.
- Length: 69-1/2″
- 17″ Cutting capacity
- 2.7oz. for the crankcase capacity.
- Arbor shaft: M10x1.25LH
This four-stroke engine packs a mighty punch and can throw some grass. It has a 25.4cc motor with 1.1HP. Its power is a commercial brand, and we find it up to the typical standards of the lawn service business. I find with the power, it can still be labeled as “fuel-efficient.” The engineers who created this string trimmer did an excellent job with the Mechanical Automatic Engine Decompression, which allows for quick and easy start-ups.
From the engine to the head, this string trimmer is precisely durable. It is an excellent piece of equipment to have on board where the start-ups are quick and easy, and the steel shaft will never get bent out of shape. The head is designed to load the string quickly and keeps the string from getting tied up inside as you are loading it. Lastly, the four-stroke motor is made with the highest quality and lightweight parts for a long-lasting engine.
One good thing we can say is this trimmer has no weak points to it. With today's technology, everything is made with the operator in mind for convenience and comfort.
The Makita EM2650LH has a compact design and weighs in at 10.9 pounds. Yes, you read that correctly! Most people who have used a four-stroke trimmer know how heavy they are. Not this one! It is almost lighter than the two-cycle trimmers that are homeowner versions.
Even in the shipping weight with all the tools, manuals, and the weight of the box, along with the other items shipped with the trimmer, it weighs a total of 20.85 pounds. Inside, the package includes the engine oil, a wrench, and a protector set along with the bump and feed trimmer head.
Pros / Cons
After using the Makita EM2650LH, we have a brief list of pros and cons for the owners to be on the lookout for when using this trimmer.
- Being lightweight tops the list.
- Easy start-ups with one crank
- No gas to oil mixtures, so no mess-ups on the ratios.
- Powerful commercial string trimmer
- Adjustable handle for any user's comfort
- Highly recommended for commercial and homeowner usage.
- It is the only brushed motor string trimmer on the Makita list. There are no other options to choose. Other than this, there is nothing wrong I can say about this trimmer.
Makita EX2650LH Overview
If you are looking for a multi tool setup you may want to check out the Makita EX2650LH. Everything is the same except this is only the power head so you will need to buy additional attachments. Some of the popular attachments are the string trimmer, edger, hedger, and pole saw. Check out the different options in the link below.
|Power:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Weight:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Durability:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Ergonomics:||(4.7 / 5)|
|Fuel Efficiency:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Overall:||(4.5 / 5)|
The price of the Makita EM2650LH is competitive when compared to similar gas string trimmers. It is definitely on the higher end of the price range for string trimmers, but it is a top of the line commercial string trimmer.
Wrapping It Up
After using the Makita EM2650LH, it could very well be the best four-stroke string trimmer on the market. It is one of my favorites to save time and money from the lightweight mechanics and engineering design. This has highly impressed me, and I believe the users will get a kick out of it as well. It may be something that the user may never go back to two-cycle trimmers again.
What Do You Think?
What do you think of Makita EM2650LH? Are you planning to get the this trimmer? Let us know in the comments!
If you’re interested in staying up-to-date on reviews of the latest mowers sign up for our newsletter below!
Images are from Makita.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join over 1200+ others on our mailing list and receive the latest news on commercial/residential lawnmowers, handheld equipment, and the lawn care industry. You will also receive a link to our most popular mower resources toolkit!